By Thomas N. Herzog
This publication is helping practitioners achieve a deeper figuring out, at an utilized point, of the problems occupied with enhancing info caliber via modifying, imputation, and list linkage. the 1st a part of the e-book bargains with tools and versions. the following, we specialize in the Fellegi-Holt edit-imputation version, the Little-Rubin multiple-imputation scheme, and the Fellegi-Sunter list linkage version. short examples are incorporated to teach how those suggestions work.
In the second one a part of the booklet, the authors current real-world case experiences during which a number of of those ideas are used. They disguise a wide selection of program components. those contain personal loan warrantly coverage, clinical, biomedical, street defense, and social assurance in addition to the development of record frames and administrative lists.
Readers will locate this publication a mix of sensible suggestion, mathematical rigor, administration perception and philosophy. The lengthy checklist of references on the finish of the ebook permits readers to delve extra deeply into the themes mentioned right here. The authors additionally talk about the software program that has been built to use the recommendations defined in our text.
Read or Download Data Quality and Record Linkage Techniques PDF
Best information theory books
Database and XML Technologies: 5th International XML Database Symposium, XSym 2007, Vienna, Austria, September 23-24, 2007, Proceedings
This booklet constitutes the refereed court cases of the fifth overseas XML Database Symposium, XSym 2007, held in Vienna, Austria, in September 2007 along side the overseas convention on Very huge information Bases, VLDB 2007. The eight revised complete papers including 2 invited talks and the prolonged summary of one panel consultation have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 25 submissions.
Describes the transformation/movement of chemical compounds in an international context and is designed for classes facing a few features of biogeochemical cycles. equipped in 3 sections, it covers earth sciences, aspect cycles and a synthesis of latest environmental matters.
- Internet Success: A Study of Open-Source Software Commons
- Information theory and statistics
- A density lemma
- Automata-2008: Theory and Applications of Cellular Automata
- Information and Self-Organization- A Macroscopic Approach to Complex Systems
Additional info for Data Quality and Record Linkage Techniques
3. 99. 4. Consultant and the Life Insurance Company A life insurance company4 hired a consultant to review the data quality of its automated policyholder records. The consultant filled out the necessary paperwork to purchase a small life insurance policy for himself. ” The reason: he had omitted an “optional” daytime phone number and had only supplied the number for his cell-phone. A more typical problem that this consultant reports concerns “reinstatements” from death. This frequently occurs on joint-life policies, such as family plans, where the policy remains in force after the first death claim.
2 Prior and/or collateral information is incorporated explicitly into the model via the prior distribution. Some of the key constructs of the Bayesian paradigm, in addition to Bayes’ theorem itself, are conditional probabilities, prior distributions, predictive distributions, and (posterior) odds ratios. , conditional upon) the observed data. 5. ” The selected coin is tossed six times. ” What is the probability that the coin selected is the one having both sides “heads”?
United Kingdom In Mortality at Advanced Ages in the United Kingdom, Gallop describes the information on old-age mortality of existing administrative databases, especially the one maintained by the United Kingdom’s Department of Work and Pensions. To paraphrase the formal discussant, Kingkade , the quality of this database is highly suspect. The database indicates a number for centenarians that vastly exceeds the number implied by a simple log of the Queen’s messages formally sent to subjects who attain their 100th birthday.